Have A Counterfeit Part?
We do everything in our power to ensure you are purchasing legitimate GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco parts.
Counterfeits Part Are:
- Not made in accordance with GM standards, which can lead to premature part failure, system breakdowns, or even vehicle safety events.
- Packaged and designed to intentionally mislead you, often duplicating known trademarks exactly or ever so slightly, in the hope that you, the consumer, won’t notice the slight differences.
Why Should I Care?
- Counterfeit parts cast a shadow on GM Genuine Parts’ reputation of providing high-quality replacement parts. Counterfeit parts may not meet the same standards as the genuine parts, which can lead to mechanical problems and system breakdowns, or even cause safety concerns.
- Imitation parts typically don’t last as long as legitimate GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco parts, making it necessary to replace them more frequently.
How to Spot
Here are tips to help identify a counterfeit part:
- INSPECT THE PACKAGING. Always ask an installer if you can view the part packaging prior to installation. If it appears flimsy, lacks the name brand or logo, or has a name that is similar to, but not the same as, those you’re used to seeing (such as GM Genuine Partz instead of GM Genuine Parts), it could be counterfeit. Counterfeiters often use colors, artwork, and fonts on their packaging that are similar to that of the genuine product.
- COMPARE PRICES. Extremely large differences in price should make you suspicious. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for; materials that lead to long product life may not be included in counterfeit parts (such as no FNC coating on counterfeit GM OE Brake Rotors).
- INSIST ON GENUINE PARTS. A visual inspection of the product may not be enough to distinguish genuine parts from the fakes. Always insist on GM Genuine Parts or ACDelco parts from GM Dealers or ACDelco Authorized Resellers.
How to Avoid
Always buy products from a GM Dealer or a GM Genuine Parts Authorized Reseller. Look for the distinct mark on your GM Genuine Parts package as an indicator that you made a legitimate purchase from GM Genuine Parts.
New Packaging To Better Serve You
GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco offer a wide portfolio of parts around the world, which now come in all- new packaging. The full roster of parts, including GM Original Equipment, aftermarket parts, and new GM Genuine Parts products, is broken down into three tiers, unique for your specific needs.
GM ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT
GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco Original Equipment, now identified by blue metallic packaging, are the true OE parts installed during production and validated by General Motors for GM vehicles. These maintenance, repair, powertrain, and collision components are designed, engineered, tested to rigorous standards, and backed by General Motors.
Formerly referred to as our “Professional” line, ACDelco Gold parts are the high-quality alternative to OE parts. These parts are manufactured to meet expectations for fit, form, and function, making them a smart choice for GM vehicles, as well as most other makes and models, including special applications. These high-quality parts are backed by General Motors.
Formerly referred to as our “Advantage” line, ACDelco Silver parts are a quality high-value option for GM vehicles, as well as most other makes and models, and are backed by General Motors.
Have A Counterfeit Part?
If you suspect a part you have purchased is fake, or if you have information regarding counterfeit activities, please contact the GM Global Brand Protection Team by clicking the email us button.
Be sure to include as much information as possible, as well as detailed pictures of the part, packaging, invoice, receipt, and return address. Please do not dispose of the part and packaging materials, as they may be requested for authentication purposes. All personal information will remain strictly confidential. You should receive a response within five business days.